This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
12 Nov 2019
Part-Time Medical Receptionist
Principal Duties and Expected Outcomes*:
- Schedule: Set appointments upon patient request and as permitted by SHC procedures. Acquire sufficient information to determine appropriate appointment length and type. Contact Nurse in the event of urgent symptoms or circumstances.
- Check-In and Check-Out: Update each patient’s demographics as required by SHC procedures. Update and verify patient’s insurance information. Print patient profile at time of appointment.
- Insurance Questions: Understand Student Insurance Handbook and answer patient questions regarding student insurance.
- Direction of Phone Calls: Transfer incoming phone calls to appropriate SHC departments.
- Extra Tasks: Complete scanning, surveys and stocking as delegated by the Student Reception Coordinator or Supervisor. Amount of time spent on extra tasks will fluctuate depending on need and setting, and will be added to receptionist responsibilities based on proficiency and effectiveness.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Education and Work Experience: Must have at least 2+ months of experience working in a medical office or experience in customer service. Health Science/Healthcare Administration majors preferred
- Skill Set: Ability to think critically, stay calm in tense situations, communicate clearly, keep organized, manage time wisely, behave professionally, practice hospitality, work quickly and accurately under pressure, accept direction from others, and work well in groups. Basic understanding and working knowledge of computers.
$9.00 / hour
How to ApplyAPPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Please do not apply through this website. Email your resume and cover letter to HealthCenterReception@byui.edu
- Please be sure to include your major and your anticipated graduation date
219 total views, 2 today